Monday, June 27, 2011

Nationals

This will be a short one, not a whole lot to write about the 6km I lasted in this race.

Basically on the descent, someone either dropped a waterbottle and someone ran over it starting a pileup, or people just started running into the rear of riders in front of them, and everyone started bouncing off one another and about 10 of us hit the deck.

Luckily it wasn't on the fast part of of the descent, I kept my distance and lost a few positions there to just keep safe.

Anyway, the bike got destroyed, which was quite unfortunate. I'm fine, just a bit of road rash. I might have landed on the guy who fell in front of me, not too sure.

So I watched the rest of the race from the sidelines. What a crazy race it turned out to be. So many DNFs from those who were caught behind this crash and more from the attrition that followed, no matter the group.

42 of 170 starters finished, crazy.

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad. I wasn't a big fan of that descent... I thought it was too much potential for high-speed crashes, especially with the little bumps that could send you airborne. I was hoping I wouldn't be hearing about a crash there. :(

    ReplyDelete